GB Thermae Hotels, the italian wellness of Abano Terme
We are in the heart of Veneto, on the evocative Euganean Hills, just a few kilometers from Venice. We are in Europe’s largest spa region, which includes Abano Terme, Montegrotto, Galzignano, and Teolo. A location where you may enjoy the finest thermal water in the world, which runs at 86 degrees Celsius from the spring.
From the beginning of time, there has been just one ruling concept: well-being!
The Borile family, which has been the reference group in Italian spa hotel reception since 1979, is a brand worth recognizing on the wellness front. The Borile family’s GB Thermae Hotels Group currently includes five hotels in Abano Terme, and, before the advent of Covid-19, it had welcomed as many as 200,000 tourists (out of the roughly three million who visit this amazing and unique spa region each year).
“Everything originated from my father’s vision, resourcefulness, and courage,” says Cristina Borile, the Group’s administrative and human resources manager. “He was an engineer who had the intuition to solve the problem of thermal water extraction by patenting a German pump. It was a phenomenal accomplishment that allowed him to make direct contact with the most important hotels in the Abano Terme thermal area”.
“That same year, dad acquired our first hotel, the Metropole, and then a new hotel every five or six years to get to the current five,” Cristina continues. His plan was to have each family member run a hotel (three children in addition to him and my mother). A significant investment that required our full commitment, and thankfully, we now have a fantastic group of nearly 500 partners”.
The Borile family’s insights, however, do not stop there. In fact, they were the first hotel company to understand the opportunities offered by international tourism.
“We were the first to open an office in France in 1998,” says Chiara Borile, Group marketing manager. “Thanks to a bus service that departs every two weeks from the Côte d’Azur, we have a consistent influx of French tourists every year”. The Jewish community, which has frequented GB Thermae Hotels for many years, is another devoted clientele of GB Thermae Hotels, according to Chiara. “Moreover – continues Chiara – the presence of Russian tourists has increased significantly in the last twelve years thanks to the office we opened in Moscow”.
But the international spirit of GB Thermae Hotels does not overshadow their Italian essence, particularly in the cuisine and wine selection, which exemplifies our country’s brilliance. Mud treatment is still the most popular kind of wellness in Abano Terme, but there have been a number of services developed specifically for the GB Thermae Hotels in order to provide clients with the broadest possible range of thermal wellness options.
“Over the years, we have extended both our facilities and our services to provide the most comprehensive responses to our clients’ different needs” Cristina underlines.
In reality, the GB Thermae Hotels’ five hotels have a total of 18 thermal pools.
“Making our guests feel special has always been our goal. And we achieve it by paying close attention to all the smallest details” conclude Cristina and Chiara.
We are pleased to have achieved a balance between body and mind, which is one of the most important aspects of well-being. Body treatments are available through all of our services, including thermal pools, mud therapy, and the many Spas located throughout our hotels; the hundreds of square meters of parkland surrounding our hotels, as well as the quiet that our guests can enjoy, ensure mental treatment through a relaxing setting”.
A sense of well-being and relaxation that speaks Italian but which is understandable all over the world.
The five remarkable hotels of the Borile family provide five distinct interpretations of thermal wellness:
- Abano Grand Hotel (5 Star Luxury), includes the Romanae Spa, which recreates the exquisite ambience of the renowned Roman baths and provides the most extensive choice of anti-aging treatments in the spa region. The Abano Grand Hotel, located in the heart of Abano Terme, upgrades a spa visit to a luxurious experience. The facility is surrounded by a large park with tropical trees and three thermal water pools, where thermal mud treatments and anti-aging programs are offered with all the glitz and glam of a 5-star luxury hotel. The only 5-star luxury hotel in Abano Terme and the province of Padua provides an outstanding experience.
- Trieste & Victoria (5 Stars), where you may enjoy the beauty of a Belle Epoque hotel combined with the modern purity of the White Spa. A visit at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria is all about soaking in the charm of the Belle Epoque while also benefiting from the health advantages of a cutting-edge thermal spa. Grand Hotel, built in 1912, offers the true ambiance of a grand luxury hotel that has enchanted the world’s most sophisticated tourists for more than a century.
- Hotel Terme Due Torri (5 Stars), a lovely spa boutique hotel with an unique Detox Thermal Spa. Hotel Terme Due Torri combines the health advantages of a Spa with the beauty of a 1700s noble estate converted into a boutique hotel. With three thermal pools and the Detox Thermal Spa, the hotel is ideal for anyone looking for a spa holiday while living in what was once the Doge of Venice’s country house.
- Hotel Terme Metropole (4 Star Luxury), a resort where Ayurveda meets the advantages of thermal mud and offers the incredible opportunity to experience the Oriental Thermal Spa’s wellbeing. Termal Spas meets the Orient in a family resort designed for families, athletes, and Ayurvedic enthusiasts. The Oriental Thermal Spa blends the allure of oriental treatments with the advantages of Abano Terme’s thermal mud. Four hot pools, exercise and jogging paths, tennis courts, mini-golf, playgrounds, and meditation spaces surrounded by nature add to the park’s wellness offerings.
- The Residence Terme & Idrokinesis (4-Star Luxury), the first Italian Thermal Clinic Hotel, specialized in thermal water therapy and rehabilitation activities. A one-of-a-kind thermal Spa that integrates the world’s first thermal water spa rehabilitation facility with the elegance, services, and allure of a 4-star premium hotel. The hotel is surrounded by a large park and provides the therapeutic powers of its thermal pools as well as the many possibilities of wellness and beauty provided by its state-of-the-art spa.
Five magnificent spa hotels with a total of 1,000 rooms and approximately 1,600 beds. A truly one-of-a-kind offer in the international spa tourism landscape.